Join The Veganuary Challenge With Munchbox
A great month to go vegan is January. To encourage and give individuals a reason to try out the vegan diet without making a big commitment, a complete movement called Veganuary was launched. No animal products for a month. Simple. Right? Practically speaking, trying to be a vegan as a beginner can be a bit overwhelming, you may be confused on where to start, what to eat, what are the benefits etc. so we have taken it upon us to give you a little guide through this blog- kick start your 2023 as a vegan with us!
What Is Veganuary?
Veganuary is a way to start paying attention to the type of food you consume and how it impacts our environment. Ever since 2014 people all around the world has been pledging to try out the vegan lifestyle for a month, in order to protect the animals as well as also for its various nutritious benefits, surprisingly enough, many people continue this lifestyle well after January too. Even though plant based food is not something new, the term of vegan lifestyle really soared in 2020 when many famous actors and personal started giving it a try. Veganuary is open to anyone, and it doesn't matter if you joined the plant-based diet a little later than others. However, if you're not used to giving up meat or are unsure of how you'll manage without eggs or dairy for a month or more, you might need some assistance, and we are here just for that. Read below to find out how to take part in this challenge, what are the health benefits as well as what does Munchbox offer for the vegan diet.
How To Do?
Taking simple steps and planning in advance can help you out if you are a newbie to this lifestyle.
- Plan early: stock up your pantry with plant based products and avoid or ditch every non plant based product. You can also sign up for various e cookbooks, and classes that teaches you to make simple yet delicious vegan meals. Another tip would be to meal prep in advance so you wouldn’t have to worry about what to eat for the day.
- Take in a partner: participating in any challenge is ten times better when you have a partner to do it with. It will be less overwhelming and you can actually hold each other accountable. So ask your friend, family, spouse or colleague to join on this challenge with you.
- Think about the nutrients: one of the biggest challenge while going vegan is to make sure you are getting enough nutrients that you usually got from animal based products. For example, if you got your calcium from dairy products, make sure you incorporate beans, nuts, dark leafy vegetables more into your diet.
- Take it one step a time: Do not feel compelled to go vegan instantly. Eliminate your favorite animal products one at a time. Start with the easy adjustments first, and then gradually add more plant-based foods to your diet.
- Vegan snacks at hand: if you are out and about it is easy to fall for buying cookies and chocolates, therefore to avoid that always carry your favorite vegan snacks with you. But if so you end up consuming animal based product by mistake, do not beat yourself up for it. Transitioning may take some time and always go easy on yourself to stay vegan in the long run.
What Are The Benefits Of Going Vegan?
if you thought going vegan was only to support and protect the environment, then we are here to prove you wrong. Here are some of the benefits of opting for a plant based lifestyle:
- It can assist you in maintaining a healthy weight: according to studies, vegans have the lowest BMIs of all vegetarians, meat eaters, and pescatarians. This might be as a result of the high nutrient-dense, satiating food composition of vegan diets. This includes fruit, vegetables, whole grains, beans, and other legumes. These foods include a lot of fiber as well.
- Lower your sugar intake: Foods that have been heavily processed typically contain more sugar than fruits, vegetables, and other complete plant-based foods. Your sugar intake decreases when you cut these things out of your diet. High sugar intake has been associated with ailments such as diabetes, heart disease, and others. During the 31 days of Veganuary, if you have diabetes or prediabetes, your body will begin to use insulin more effectively.
- Improves digestion: A nutritious vegan diet has a lot of fiber, which supports good gut and colon health.
- Lower blood pressure and cholesterol: Cholesterol, a fatty molecule that can accumulate in your blood vessels and disrupt your blood flow, is absent from plant-based protein sources. Your risk of heart attack, heart failure, and peripheral artery disease can all be reduced by having lower cholesterol levels.
- Feel happier and healthier: By avoiding meat and dairy, we spare our digestive system from having to break down proteins that weren't designed for the human stomach to begin with. We conserve this energy when we become vegan, which may make us feel more active. Additionally, many people who have tried vegan has also reported that they are more energetic and have improved mood and skin while trying out the challenge.
Munchbox Veganuary Launches And Offers
If you become a vegan, you don't necessarily have to give up all of your favorite foods. Infact, you can prepare these foods with a vegan twist.